Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Funniest Joke In The World

OK so, my Dad bought this book called The Geek's Guide To World Domination by Garth Sundem. Which is basically a book compiled of random fun facts, algebraic-esk mathematical puzzle problems, and some hilarious references to past pop culture. Anyways, I stole the book and began to skip around reading things here and there. I stumbled upon an awesome "random fact" that I would like to share.

Richard Wiseman of the University of Hertfordshire is supposedly the foremost authority on what is universally funny. His 2001 study, called laugh lab, encouraged people from around the world to submit jokes and rate others, gathering up to 1.5 million opinions of what is and what is not funny. The LaughLab's funniest joke was found to be as follows:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says, "Calm down. I can help. First lets make sure he's dead." There is a silence... then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says, "Ok, what now?"

hahahahahahaahahahaa... Awesome. This shit had me on the floor.

No comments: